Have you heard of Jojoba Oil before? It is a multi-purpose oil that has many different benefits and uses such as a great emollient, skincare savior and great hair care product. Many people tend to pronounce it funny but for a fun little tip it is pronounced “ho-ho-ba”. Now that you know the basics and can ace the name, read on to find out more about this great everyday oil and how it can help you.
Jojoba Oil comes from the seed of the Jojoba plant which is rich in ceramides, vitamins, linoleic and other fatty acids. These are probably foreign to you so we are here to break it down. Ceramides form a barrier and help to retain moisture, Vitamins are great for overall skin health and Linoleic acid moisturises and helps treat acne.
Overall, Jojoba Oil is excellent for cleansing, purifying and moisturising the skin and hair. It is the ultimate oil for the skin as it can help treat acne, sunburn, chapped skin and other skin conditions such as Psoriasis. In order to get the optimal benefits from Jojoba Oil make sure to apply four to six drops in the morning and night. This can help to keep your face moisturised, reduces the appearance of wrinkles, a great lip balm as well as a handy makeup remover. It is also a great oil for your hair. It can act as a great added extra to your hair care routine as it hydrates and releases oil from your scalp. It even has the potential to encourage hair growth for those experiencing balding or thinning. If this sounds perfect for you, add three to five drops to your conditioner and one to two on your damp hair after showering or bathing.
Here are some more great benefits of Jojoba Oil:
- Moisturises: has the ability to act like sebum which provides much-needed moisture if levels are low.
- Makeup Remover: the oil breaks down the dirt, makeup and bacteria left on your face from the day’s activities.
- Prevents Razor Burn: the oily texture softens the skin preventing the risk of cuts and razor burns.
- Skin & Hair Health: the oil has the ability to not clog pores and therefore works as a protectant and cleanser for both skin and hair.
- Fights Fungi and Infections: has anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
Did you know: All NaturVital and Corpore Sano oils are BIO certified and Vegan-friendly.