Hair loss is more common than you think and everyone is prone to it. Yes, BOTH men and women suffer. So, don’t feel ashamed or embarrassed if you start noticing strands here and there. However, do keep in mind that losing roughly 80-100 strands is completely normal and part of the hair growth cycle. If you are finding that your hair is shedding or thinning at a faster rate than this then keep on reading to find out the symptoms to look out for and what could be causing it.
Hair Loss Symptoms:
Your hair loss can come completely out of the blue or it could have been creeping up on you gradually without you noticing. The hair loss can come from either your scalp (which is the most noticeable) but also from your entire body. While some types of hair loss could just affect you on a temporary basis, in the worst cases it could be permanent. So, it is important to make yourself aware and knowledgeable about the different symptoms so that if you notice even one you can take active steps towards growing your hair back.
- Thinning: receding from the forehead (males) or broadening of the part in the hair (women).
- Bald Spots: smooth and coin-sized patches affecting the scalp but also beards and eyebrows.
- Hair Loosening: handfuls when combing and washing or after gentle tugging causing overall thinning.
- Scalp Scaling: potential ringworm, alongside broken hair, redness, swelling and sometimes oozing.
- All Over Hair Loss: when hair loss happens over your entire body but usually grows back.
Hair Loss Causes:
There is a range of different causes that could contribute to why you are experiencing hair loss. Like was stated at the beginning of this post, losing 80-100 hairs per day is completely normal. The exact definition of hair loss is “when the hair growth cycle and shredding is disrupted or when the hair follicle is destroyed and replaced with scar tissue.” But, the most common cause of all is your family history which is something you can’t, unfortunately, stop from happening as it’s in your genes. But you can employ methods to prevent or minimise hair loss.
- Heredity / Genes: gradually with ageing and in predictable patterns.
- Hormones / Medical Conditions: due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause or thyroid problems. As well as alopecia and trichotillomania.
- Medications / Supplements: side effects of certain drugs used for illnesses such as cancer, depression, arthritis etc.
- Stress: temporary hair loss particularly after a physical or emotional shock.
- Hairstyles / Treatments: excessive hairstyling or tight hairstyles.
Hair Loss Treatment:
Here at NaturVital we have an entire range dedicated to hair loss. We believe strongly in fighting against hair loss with the use of natural plant extracts. Our products cater to every hair type and type of treatment needed. Whether you are looking to prevent or slow down excess hair loss or hair breakage, we will have a product that will help. Our hair loss products have been proven to work and are supported by an effectiveness test.
- Hair Loss Shampoo: works to combat hair loss while nourishing the scalp. Strengthens and protects the hair preventing possible breakage and moisturising the hair leaving it soft and shiny.
- Hair Loss Conditioner: formulated to soften, stimulate and to strengthen your hair making it easier to comb and style.
- Hair Loss Serum: this is a shock treatment recommended for use during acute hair loss episodes. It helps to stimulate microcirculation and to regulate the secretion of sebum. It also slows down the premature weakening of the hair strengthening, repairing and protecting it.
- Hair Loss Tonic: this is an ideal treatment to fight the early symptoms of hair loss or to prevent it permanently. It combats hair loss and nourishes the scalp strengthening hair during the growth phase leaving the hair feeling silky and manageable.
- Hair Loss Mask / Anti-Breakage: In just 3 minutes this hair loss mask provides your hair with all the nutrients it needs to be nourished and repaired, from roots to tip, while also being protected from hair loss. This nourishes, moisturises and repairs the scalp and enhances hair shine and improves hairstyle.
Hair Loss Prevention:
Luckily, there are some tips and tricks that you can be aware of in order to try and prevent hair loss from occurring. Incorporate these into your daily routine, along with our hair loss range, and you should start seeing great improvements.
- Hairstyles: stay away from tight hair do’s like buns and high ponytails.
- Be Gentle: refrain from twisting, rubbing or pulling your hair even during washing.
- Tools / Treatments: minimise or keep away from harsh treatments such as straighteners and curling irons.
- Medications / Smoking: check the side effects and stay away from anything that could cause hair loss. Also, stop smoking as this could also be beneficial for your hair.
- Sunlight / UV: stay sunsmart and cover up when in the harsh sun and exposed to UV light.
Hair Loss Set – Sensitive ScalpProduct on sale
Hair Loss Prevention Spray$26.50 incl.GST
Hair Loss Shampoo – Sensitive Scalp$15.95 incl.GST
Hair Loss Treatment Serum$50.65 incl.GST
Hair Loss Tonic TreatmentProduct on sale
Hair Loss Shampoo- Refreshing$15.95 incl.GST
Hair Loss Shampoo – Normal Hair$15.95 incl.GST
Hair Loss Shampoo – Greasy Hair$15.95 incl.GST
Hair Loss Shampoo – Dry Hair$15.95 incl.GST